Sunday, November 10, 2013

No, this is not Xanga or Myspace but...

I love to take surveys. And right now this blog is more for me than anyone else. And if someone is reading this, than hey! Feel free to ignore this post. Or maybe answer it on your site? IDK, whatever you want. Peace, love, and happiness and all that jazz. 



1. Put your music player of choice on shuffle and list the first 10 songs
  • Breathe by Laura Marling
  • Breathe by Taylor Swift
  • Starry Eyed by Ellie Goulding
  • Dancing With Tears in My Eyes by Damien Rice
  • Lift Me Up by Kate Voegele
  • Sunny Road by Emiliana Torrini
  • Chasing Pavements by Adele
  • LDN by Lily Allen
  • I Won't Cry by Sugarland
  • Siren Song by Bat for Lashes
2. If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Would you take anyone with you?
I want to say I'd choose somewhere new like Prague or Iceland but I really want to go back to Glasgow, Scotland with all of my friends I studied abroad with. 




3. What is your preferred writing implement? (eg. Blue pen, pencil, green pen)
My laptop. Or purple pen. 

4. Favourite month and why?

Usually it would be November because it is my birthday month and Thanksgiving and the weather is chilly enough for me to unpack my hoodies but this month has been kind of a let down so far. 

5. Do you have connections to any celebrities (even minor)? List them.

Not really? I have a (distant) cousin who was on Broadway and was Miss Teen Louisiana. And her brother is married to one of the Duck Dynasty guy's wive's sisters (yeah, super distant, minor connection). And her husband has been in a few movies and TV shows. 

Do authors count as celebrities? Probably only to me so yeah...

6. Name 3 items you could pick up from where you are.
My water bottle, the book I'm currently reading (Mermaids in the Basement by Michael Lee West--it's for my book club at work), and my phone. 

7. What brand logo is closest to you currently?

Apple (my laptop)

8. Do you ever play board games or other non-computer games? Got any favourites?
I only play board games at game nights with friends or when my family wants to. I do play video games occasionally. My favorite is the original Final Fantasy VII but I also love zombie games and RPGs. 

9. A musical artist you love that isn’t well known

Er... Vermillion Lies?

10. A musical artist you love that is well known

I have been obsessed with everything The Civil Wars sings. Do they count as well-known? If not, I guess I'll go with Taylor Swift. Guilty pleasure, can't help it, no apologies. 

11. What is your desktop background currently?

This: 


12. Last person you talked to, and through what you talked to them

My mom, in person. We're watching The X-Factor on the couch right now. 

13. First colour name you can think of that isn’t in the rainbow

Mauve

14. What timekeeping devices are in the room you are currently in?

Two cell phones and a wall clock

15. What kind of headphones do you use?

Cheapo green earbuds that I bought at Big Lots ages ago. 

16. What musical artists have you seen perform live?

Oh geez. 

  • Gogol Bordello (BEST show I have been to)
  • Ingrid Michaelson
  • Dresden Dolls
  • Mayor Hawthorne
  • Wolf Parade
  • Hanson (first concert)
  • and others but I'm not going through all of them
17. Does virginity matter to you?
Nope. Do what ya want. Just be safe and conscientious of others. 

18. What gaming consoles do you or your family own?

I have Playstation, Playstation 2 and original Nintendo.

19. What pets do you have? What are their names?

Gretchen, black short-haired Dachshund; Emma, red long-haird Dachshund; Claude, the cutest and most lovable Shih Tzu in the world

20. What’s the best job you’ve ever had?

Library assistant

21. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?

Grocery store cashier

22. What magazines do you read, if any?

I don't usually but I do like Jane and Bust. They still have those magazines, right? 

23. Inspiration behind your URL?
It's my initials and last name followed by "writes". 




24. Inspiration behind your blog title?

Read above

25. Favourite item of clothing?

No. I hate questions like this. I can't pick a favorite. 

26. Name at least one book you loved as a child.
The BFG by Roald Dahl. It was the first book that made me fall in love with reading. 

27. What’s your native language? If that language has distinct regional variations, which variation? (eg. AU English, US English)

US English

28. What email service do you use?

Gmail

29. Is there anything hanging on the walls of the room you are currently in?

Actually, no. We are moving this Friday and maintenance in our apartment came in asking us to take everything off of our living room walls because they were doing something with the AC. And then they didn't even touch our living room. Instead they messed with downstairs bathroom and laundry area. Yeah, so ready to get out of this apartment. 

30. What’s your favourite number, and why?
No. Stop. 

31. Earliest moment in your life you can remember?
Ha. Crying on an exorcise trampoline because my dad was leaving. 

32. What did you have for dinner yesterday?
Junk food. A lot of it.

33. How often do you brush your teeth?
2-3 times a day

34. What’s your favourite candy/chocolate?
All of this:

35. If you were suddenly really hungry, what would you choose to eat?
Whatever I could find in the house because we have a whole lot of nothing. 

36. What fandoms would you consider yourself a part of?
You're going to regret asking this. Here we go...
  • Doctor Who
  • Supernatural
  • Teen Wolf
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • PLL
  • Game of Thrones
  • My Mad Fat Diary
  • Batman
  • Charlie Hunnam
  • American Horror Story
  • Firefly
  • Jennifer Lawrence
  • Vampire Diaries
37. If you could study anything, what would it be?
All of the things. But I'll *hopefully* be starting grad school in January to study library science. 

38. Do you use anything on your lips? (eg. Chapstick, gloss, balm, lipstick)
Yes

39. How would you describe your sense of humour?
Partly snarky, partly dad humor, and partly oblivious

40. What things annoy you more than anything else?
Rude, inconsiderate people

41. What kind of position are you in at the moment?
Heh. Heh heh heh. 

42. Do you wear much jewellery?
Very occasionally. I do always wear my Scottish ring every day. 

43. What do you carry your money in?
My wallet in my purse. 

44. Do you enjoy driving? Why or why not?
Meh. I like having the convenience but hate the upkeep and expense of having a car. And how freaking big Texas is.

45. Furthest away from home you have ever been?
Geography, I suck at it. Italy? Or is Alaska further away from Texas? 

46. How many times have you moved house?
Too many times to count. But in the last year I will have moved twice and will be moving again in April. 

47. What is on the floor of the room you’re currently in, not including furniture?
Purse, shoes, blankets, boxes, clothes. I'm a mess.

48. How many devices do you own which can access the internet?
Four. Laptop, iPhone, iPod, and Kindle.

49. Is there is anything that is guaranteed to always make you happy?
Traveling

50. Is there anything that always makes you sad?
This song: 

That music video gets me every time because unrequited love is my weakness.

51. What programs do you currently have open?
Safari, Spotify, iTunes, Word, calendar

52. Last healthy thing you ate?
Eggs, served over easy at IHOP for Heather's birthday breakfast!

53. Do you drink tea or coffee, and how much per day?
      Yes, to both, but I drink more coffee. I don't drink it every day but when I do I drink it by the pot/carafe.
      54. What colour pants/skirt/etc are you currently wearing?
      Blue jeans

      55. When was the last time you drank water?
      .02 seconds ago


      56. How often do you clear your browser history?
      Like every 5 months?

      57. Do you believe nude photos can be artistic, rather than erotic?Yes


      58. Ever written fanfiction for anything?
      No, but I want to.

      59. Last formal event you attendedErrr... my senior prom?
      60. If you had to move your birthday to another date, which one would you choose and why?
      Something further away from the holidays.

      61. Would you prefer to be at a beach or in the countryside?
      Right now? On a mountain somewhere.
62. Is there anything you should be doing right now?
Yes, working.

No comments:

Post a Comment