Sunday, January 12, 2014

Change is A-comin'

The new year officially began a couple weeks ago but today is the day that big changes are really happening for me.

I'm beginning grad school. I think I'm ready for this next step but with it has come a lot of stress--mostly financial. Without getting too much into it, I'm still unsure how I'm going to pay for school. I feel like I'm waiting around for a miracle and "impatient" is putting what I am lightly. I'm a planner to the nth degree. Without mincing words, I'm a tad type-A. I don't do well hoping that things will work out because life, so far, has taught me that if you want, or need, something, you need to be the one that goes out and gets shit done. So I'm trying and I feel like I'm failing and that's a pretty crappy feeling.


But, back to the actual school part. I'll be taking one class on campus that meets weekly every Monday night for three hours (Information and Knowledge Professionals), and I'm taking two classes online (Information Organization and Adult Material & Reading). I don't have any books yet but I'm excited to get back into school mode. I'm sure this will change within a week but at least I'm going in excited about books and learning and making the next step in my career.

I'm also going to get back into watching what I eat and exercising. I was doing pretty well until the holidays hit and then I kind of just... gave up. I loved feeling like I was in control of my body and seeing results and I felt better physically. I'm ready to get back into taking care of myself.

My plan of attack on the Get Healthy front:

  • Step on the scale in the morning. Write the number down and don't get back on the scale for another week.
  • Track what I eat in My Fitness Pal. Put everything in there, both the good and the bad.
  • Make my way to the gym at least twice, preferably three times, a week. Exercise for at least an hour each visit. 
  • Reward myself at certain weight goals. Could be a new outfit or maybe a new book or something. #PositiveReinforcement 


And I'm also going to try to work on Zombie Book and edit/revise Road Trip Book. While I'm taking three grad classes and working part-time.


I have other new stuff on the horizon. 2014 has the potential to be pretty damn awesome or one anxiety fest after another. Here goes nothin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment