Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolutions for the New Year

It's a new year and I have spent the first day of it in my pajamas with my family. I have marathoned American Horror Story and Being Human and right now I have no regrets.



I rang in the New Year with some of my best friends and if that's a sign of how 2014 will be, then I consider myself very blessed.



Now for the resolutions. I have a list of 25 things I plan to do before my next birthday but the Big Resolutions are:

1. Be healthy. I have a weight goal but I want it to be about more than just getting to a certain number. I want to get back into exercising regularly and I want to stop eating out so much. I need a lifestyle change.


2. Query my book. Which means there will be lots of editing and revising and stressing and rejection but nothing comes from nothing and I need to face all of my fears and just do it.


3. This one is for me. I'll let you guys know if it happens.


Things I'm excited about this year:
  • Starting grad school.
  • Hilary will be visiting in March! I can't wait to see her and show her the D/FW area although I don't think it could live up to Portland.
  • Studying abroad in Germany and Czech Republic this summer.
  • Moving in with some of my best friends.

What are your New Year Resolutions? Do you want to learn a new language, move somewhere new, tell someone you love them? Whatever it is, I'm rooting for you.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan for the New Year! Super interested in #3, you tease!

    Happy New Year! Hope this year is even better than the last.

    ReplyDelete