Saturday, October 3, 2015

October


How is it October already?! Yesterday was July and sticky with the heat of Texas' summer. And now it's October and Texas is in one of its rare moods where it actually feels like fall: crisp with a bite to it.

Fall is my favorite season. I love the holidays and the colors, I love the symbolism of new beginnings, I love the weather when it actually feels like fall, and I like that I can pull out my hoodies and drink pumpkin spice lattes. Summer is lovely but fall is beautiful. It's a little ridiculous how a season can put me in such a good mood but it does.

October is shaping up to be a crazy busy month, though.

On top of an endless amount of grad school work, I'm also working 3 weekends this month. That's on top of my usual work shift. When I'm not working I have plans with friends that I'm excited about but I'm not sure when I'll get to sleep in my near future. I can't wait to take advantage of all the spooky Halloween fun we have planned, though.

How I'll be celebrating this month:

Denton Ghost Tour
The Addams Family musical
Japanese horror-themed haunted house
more?

Aaannnnd I'm participating in a daily photo challenge on Instagram. (Follow me!)


There's no real point to this post except I love fall and I'm feeling happy and whole and loved. I'm hoping that for all of you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment